How to find your why in business and become a doTERRA wellness advocate?
Everyone that joins doTERRA wants to know how to become successful. This is something we begin to ask ourselves when we start any network marketing business:
- How do I make money?
- How do I share the products?
- How do I get people interested in joining my doTERRA business?
- How do I explain how my business works?
These are good honest questions that should be answered, but the truth is, there is more than one way to running a doTERRA business. During a recent podcast we discussed how people run their doTERRA businesses and not surprisingly there was four very distinctly different ways of being a doTERRA Advocate.
These Wellness Advocates all have one thing in common:
- There was the mother of three young children who shared doTERRA products in 15 minute power slots in a local cafe with a laptop and phone
- There was a middle aged professional who structured her business with a strict daily routine of reaching out to people through social media platforms
- There was the ten coins in a jar man who everyday commits to speaking to ten prospects by phone while marking off the calls by putting coins into jar
- And me, who is passionately running a business online and sharing the values of myself and doTERRA through my blogs and social media platforms
There is no wrong answer or method, but what all of us have in common is our commitment and dedication to running our business. Having the courage to take action on a daily bases is fundamental, but know why you are taking action is what will sustain you during the dark days.
In addition, we are successful, we share similar values and we are sharing our why. There is no right or wrong way to run a business with doTERRA, but learning how to run your business still takes second place to why you run a doTERRA business.
So, we make connections and share our why
What does a doTERRA wellness advocate do?
I think this is the easiest and most simple part to explain, because we all know what we should be doing, so, the only thing stopping us is procrastination. If we do it or not is another question, but becoming a doTERRA Wellness Advocate means sharing doTERRA products, sharing doTERRA's values and beliefs and finally sharing the doTERRA business opportunity.
However, that is not the end of the story, because working to help people to succeed means building relationships of trust, honesty and leadership, which in my experience endure for a lifetime.
What does it take to be a successful doTERRA Wellness Advocate?
It is simply about being the right fit and sharing the values and beliefs that doTERRA and its members aspire to. This may seem an odd thing to say, but, there is a mindset and qualities that are needed to become a leader and successful in doTERRA.
However, to help you understand what makes someone successful and a leader I have laid out some underlying traits. So, it doesn't matter how you want to run your business, but these traits are seen in every successful doTERRA wellness advocate and network marketer:
- They start work everyday and do what needs to be done
- They are Self-Starters that do not need someone telling them what to do everyday
- They understand their why and have a belief in what they are doing and the products and opportunity they represent
- They are always learning something new to develop their business
- They always take responsibility for their own successes or failures
- They always invest time and money in their business
- They are serious dreamers who aim high
- They are leaders
What we do in doTERRA is just a scratch on why we do it, because to endure the ups and downs of this business is going to need more than how and what we do in doTERRA. It will need the passion, the feelings and the desire to succeed which comes from our why.